PEmicro's ICD12Z for Windows is a powerful tool for debugging code. It uses an HC12 or MC9(S)12(X) processor's background debug mode (BDM), via one of PEmicro's hardware interfaces, to give the user access to all on-chip resources.
ICD12Z is a great tool for creating repeatable testing, calibration, and debugging procedures.
Debugger features include:
- Paging support
- Hardware breakpoints for HCS12
- Full-speed in-circuit emulation
- Breakpoints with counters on the Nth execution
- Variables window showing many data types
- Realtime execution as well as multiple tracing modes
- Startup and Macro files for automating the debug process
- Context-sensitive help for all commands
- Timing measurement and execution count functions
- Support for symbolic register files
- Full assembly source-level debugging
- C source-level debugging using ELF/DWARF v2.0 or ImageCraft v1.1 debug file format