PGY-eSPI Electrical validation and Protocol decode software runs in Tektronix Oscilloscope provides electrical measurements and protocol decode at click of button. This allows engineers quickly check for eSPI compliance and flexibility to debug the failure. In addistion to this engineer can decode the command and response of eSPI debug the communication. PGY-eSPI takes advantage of digital channels of MSO and provides the decoding of eSPI datalines.
PGY-eSPI Electrical Validation and Protocol Decode Software
- Electrical measurements and protocol decode for Single mode, Dual mode and Quad mode analysis using analog channels
- Protocol Decode in single, dual and quad mode using digital channels
- Customizable reference and hysteresis selection for all signals
- Customizable limit setup for pass/fail validation for all the measurements
- Customizable limits based on different data rate’s of operation
- Ability to store the eSPI protocol data and electrical data in CSV and txt format
- Report Generation
- Offline analysis of .wfm and .csv (digital) files
Configure panel is used for selecting the signal source and the initial mode of operation.
Live Analog or Digital Channels of the oscilloscope can be used for capturing and analyzing the signal. The software decodes the waveform and displays both the protocol data and electrical measurements in case of analog signals and protocol data in case of digital signals.
The initial mode of operation of the bus (single/dual/quad) needs to be selected so that the software can decode the signal accordingly. This is only for the start of analysis. Based on the register values obtained during decode, the software updates the operation mode automatically decodes the eSPI operations.
In order to characterize and validate eSPI signals, PGY-eSPI software provides graphical measurement reference level setup to set measurement reference level of eSPI signals.
Supported eSPI Electrical Measurements
- Clock Frequency
- Clock High Time
- Clock Low Time
- Chip Select Setup Time
- Chip Select Hold Time
- Chip Select Deassert Time
- Data In Setup Time
- Data In Hold Time
- Output Data Valid Time
- Output Data Hold Time
- Output Disable Time after Chip Select Deassert
- Output Disable Time during Turn Around
- Chip Select Assert to Data1 or Alert Tristated
- Chip Select Deassert to Data1 or Alert Assert
- eSPI Reset Deassert to First Transaction
- Initial Bus Frequency upon Reset Deassert
Once the electrical failure or protocol problems needs to located specific protocol packets to debug the design issues. In Detail view, the acquired waveform is plotted.The waveform plot is linked with the packet being displayed on the grid. The plot contains various features like zoom, pan and cursors. By linking specific protocol packet to electrical waveform, engineers can quickly locate root cause of the problems.
- DPO/MSO5000 series
- DPO7000 series
- DPO/MSO/DSA 70000 series
PGY-QSPI (shipment includes CD with PGY-QSPI Electrical Validation and Protocol Decode Software) License is locked to oscilloscope.