PEmicro's ICDHCS08 is a powerful tool for debugging code. It uses the processor's background debug mode (BDM), via the ICD cable, to give the user access to all on-chip resources.
ICDHCS08 is a great tool for creating repeatable testing, calibration, and debugging procedures.
Debugger features include:
- Full-speed in-circuit emulation
- Breakpoints with counters on the Nth execution
- Variables window showing bytes, words, strings
- Realtime execution as well as multiple tracing modes
- Startup and Macro files for automating the debug process
- Context-sensitive help for all commands
- Timing measurement and execution count functions
- Support for symbolic register files
- Full assembly source-level debugging
- C source-level debugging using ELF/DWARF v2.0 or ImageCraft v1.1 debug file format