PEmicro's ICDPPCNEXUS for Windows is a powerful tool for debugging code on an NXP MPC55xx/56xx/57xx device or STMicroelectronics SPC5 device. The debugger comes with P&E's PROGPPCNEXUS flash programmer. The debugger supports BookE cores, VLE cores, and multiple cores (such as on the MPC551X devices). The debugger uses the processor's JTAG/Nexus debug mode, via a hardware interface, to give the user access to all on-chip resources.
To evaluate this product, download the PKGPPCNEXUS 64K Trial Edition. Please note that this trial download includes some extra software such as a C compiler which is not part of ICDPPCNEXUS.
Debugger features include:
- Full-speed in-circuit debug
- Breakpoints with counters on the Nth execution
- Variables window
- Support for multi-core as well as VLE, BOOKE, and mixed mode devices.
- Startup and Macro files for automating the debug process
- Context-sensitive help for all commands
- Symbolic register files to allow decoding of on-chip peripheral registers
- MMU memory map display
- SPR display/modification
PROGPPCNEXUS/CPROGPPCNEXUS Flash programmer integrated into the debugger
C source-level debugging based on ELF/DWARF 2.0 format
Supported NXP Device Families
||S32 Power Devices
Supported STMicroelectronics SPC5 Device Families