Engineers, designing and testing SPI hardware and firmware, need to measure electrical parameters and monitor protocol of SPI interface to ensure inter-operability. Engineers, test and debug their designs with easy-to-use instruments such as oscilloscopes to capture the electrical signals but use time-consuming and error prone tools to make electrical measurements and protocol analysis. Often, they need a single tool or instrument to cross-examine the protocol layer and the PHY layer to debug the designs to reduce development and testing cycles.
SPI Electrical Validation and Protocol Decode Software
The PGY-SPI Electrical measurements and Protocol Decode Software offers electrical measurements and protocol decoding for SPI bus. This software provides the flexibility to set reference levels for electrical measurement and customised limits makes it most versatile solution to meet different needs of characterising SPI Signals. Now design and test engineers can automatically make accurate and reliable electrical measurements and decode protocols in PGY-SPI software using data acquired by Tektronix DPO5000, TDS7000, DPO/DSA/MSO7000 oscilloscope series to reduce the development and test cycle.
Seamless Integration with Oscilloscope
PGY-SPI Software runs inside the Tektronix oscilloscopes and makes the electrical measurements, decodes protocols and displays the decoded data in a table, and links the decoded data to electrical signal in the waveform plot. SPI Protocol-based trigger can be set up using the built-in SPI trigger capabilities in Tektronix oscilloscopes.
Reference Level Setup
There are no standard measurements limits defined for SPI Bus for pass/fail test. The limits are varying in nature depending upon the SPI Bus speed. In order to characterise and validate SPI signals PGYSPI software provides graphical measurement reference level setup to set measurement reference level of SPI signals. These limits are automatically applied while making selected SPI measurements in PGY-SPI software and reduces test time offering reliable measurements.
||Data In Hold Time MOSI
|Clock High Time
||Output Disable Time
|Clock Low Time
||Output Hold time
|Clock Rise Time
||Data In Setup Time MISO
|Clock Fall Time
||Data In Hold Time MISO
|Clock Cycle Time
|Chip Select Deselect
|Chip Select Hold Time
|Data in Setup Time MOSI
||Chip Select Setup Time
||Custom; Limited by Oscilloscope Bandwidth
||Hexadecimal, Octal, Binary, Decimal, ASCII
||Overlay of protocol decode data on waveform
||Customizable report in html format
|Export of data
||CSV and Txt format
- Automated electrical measurements with customizable reference level of SPI electrical signal.
- Automated measurements independent of speed of SPI Bus
- Customizable measurement limit setup for pass/fail validation of electrical signal to enable measurements at different data speed.
- Decodes SPI signals MOSI and MISO for easy understanding of protocol
- Links the protocol content to the electrical signal in the oscilloscope for easy understanding of the electrical characteristics of the protocol
- Overlays the protocol data on analog waveform in a waveform plot window
- Zooms the selected SPI packet content in the decode table in the waveform plot waveform window for easy analysis of electrical characteristics of the I2C frame
- Ability to view protocol decode data in hexadecimal, decimal, binary, octal, and ASCII formats
- Ability to store the SPI protocol data in CSV and txt format
- Utility features like zoom, undo, and fit screen for easy debugging while correlating the protocol data to the waveform
- Report generation in html format
- Supports wfm and isf file formats for offline analysis
- DPO5000 Series
- DPO7000 Series
- DPO/MSO/DSA 70000 Series
PGY-SPI Electrical Validation and Protocol Decode Software (shipment includes CD with PGY-SPI software and license key).