PGY-UFS3.1-PA, UFS Protocol Analyzer, a value-based analyzer in its class, offers capture and debug of data across MPHY, UniPRO, and UFS protocol layers. It allows for instantaneous decoding of UFS layer, UniPRO layer and MPHY layer with the flexibility to correlate decoded data across these protocol layers. PGY-UFS-PA Supports PWMG1 to HSG4B data rates and two TX, two RX lane decode. The active probe has minimum electrical loading on device under test (DUT) and captures protocol data without affecting the performance of DUT. PGY-UFS-PA protocol Analyzer can support two-lane data. Comprehensive decoding of data, protocol tests, and error analysis enable validation of communication between UFS host and device.
PGY-UFS3.0-PA, UFS Protocol Analyzer allows Design and Test Engineers to obtain deep insight into UFS host and device communication. MPHY/UniPRO/UFSpacket based triggering allows specific protocol data capture and analysis. PGY-UFS-PA Protocol analyzer instantaneously provides decoding of UFS layer, UniPRO layer, and MPHY layer with a correlation to MPHY, UniPRO, and UFS layer.
Solder down active probes allows probing the MPHY test points. This allows the design and test engineers to capture UFS traffic between the host and UFS memory with high signal fidelity. Today's test engineers need the ability to test use case scenarios in their labs that mimic real-life use cases. The PGY-UFS-PA, UFS Protocol Analyzer has been designed to enable engineers to closely monitor and analyze the traffic between the host and the device while executing the various use case scenarios.
Windows-based UFS protocol Analysis software provides industry best protocol correlation between UFS layer to UniPRO layer and MPHY layer. Time correlation between the different protocol layers significantly reduces debug time of designs. Floating window design of this software allows engineers to view UFS view, UniPRO view and MPHY view on different computer monitors and automatically correlate the UFS packets to MPHY layer. This makes analysis very easy while analyzing gigabytes of Protocol information.
The product features are as follows:
- Supports version MPHY 3.1/4.1, UniPRO 1.61/1.8 and UFS version 2.1/3.0
- Supports PWM G1 to G7 and HS G1,2,3,4 A and B Series
- Supports one/two data lanes (2 TX and 2 RX)
- Flexibility to capture very large data using continuous streaming of Protocol data to host computer
- Solder-down active probe provides high signal fidelity
- Decoding at MPHY, UniPRO and UFS layer
- Trigger-based on MPHY, UniPRO, UFS layer packet content
- Supports triggering in PWM and HS data rate speeds
- Trigger out the signal at trigger event allows the triggering of other instruments such as an oscilloscope
- Interface to host system using USB3.0 or Gigabit Ethernet Interface
- Flexibility to upgrade the hardware firmware using GbE interface provides easy field upgrades of FPGA firmware
- Decoded data packets can be exported to .txt file for further analysis
- PGY Protocol Analyzer is lightweight and can be deployed for on-site/ field tests
PGY-UFS-PA UFS Protocol Analyzer provides USB3.0 and Gbe interface for host computer connectivity. Highspeed host connectivity enables continuous streaming of protocol data to host HDD and storage for a long period of time. Floating window software architecture allows the user to view each protocol layer on separate monitors for easy debug. Autocorrelation of each selected packet from UFS layer to MPHY layer simplifies the debug activity.
Comprehensive Protocol Analysis Using Multiview
PGY-UFS Software offers multi-view MPHY view, UniPRO view, and UFS View. Each view lists the respective protocol packets and its details with the correlation of each layer for easy debug.
Powerful Trigger Capabilities
PGY-UFS3.0-PA UFS Protocol Analyzer offers powerful hardware-based trigger capabilities allowing design and test engineer to capture the protocol activity at a specific event. The hardware-based algorithm computes the CRC values in real time and can trigger on CRC error. Triggering on any of the UniPRO layer protocol packet or Bad alignments (Improper marker values) reduces the debug time.
UniPRO Protocol Layer view
PGY-UFS-PA UFS Protocol Analysis offers multilayer of protocol view with the flexibility to link all views for easy correlation of data. Selected packets details are displayed in a format which is similar to specification document format for easy correlation. This view provides bit-level information to analyze the communication between UFS host and UFS memory.
UFS Protocol Layer view
UFS layer view has UFS view and UFS Frame view. UFS view list all the UFS packets and UFS Frame view provide selected packets decoding at UFS packet format.
Search and Filter
PGY-UFS-PA UFS Protocol Analyzer offers flexibility to search or filter for specific packets. This allows the easy location of specific packets in huge protocol packet data.
PGY-UFS3.0-PA UFS software would allow an engineer to quickly view the error conditions:
- Errors reported in packets
- Linking the error bit info to packets
- CRC errors
- Gear changing information
- Lane width
- Credit information
- Performance Analysis of packets