ColdFire V2/3/4 C-Level Development Package
The ColdFire V2/3/4 C-Level Development Package includes all of the following software tools:
ColdFire V2/3/4 C-Level Development software Packages work with the following hardware debug interfaces:
ICDCFZ - ColdFire In-Circuit Debugger
PEmicro's ICDCFZ is a powerful tool for debugging code. It uses the processor's background debug mode (BDM), via the BDM interface, to give the user access to all on-chip resources.
Debugger features include:
- Full-speed in-circuit emulation
- Breakpoints with counters on the Nth execution
- Variables window showing bytes, words,
- Realtime execution as well as multiple tracing modes
- Startup and Macro files for automating the debug process
- Context-sensitive help for all commands
- Timing measurement and execution count functions
- Support for symbolic register files
- Full assembly souce-level debugging
- C source-level debugging (ELF/Dwarf, IEEE695)
PROGCFZ - ColdFire Flash/EEPROM Programmer
PEmicro's PROGCFZ Flash/EEPROM Programmer allows you to program flash devices in-circuit via PEmicro's BDM interface cable. The programmer talks to the processor's Background Debug Mode through the ColdFire BDM interface cable, which connects the PC parallel port to the 26-pin BDM connector on the target system. PROGCFZ also includes the command-line version of the programmer software - CPROGCFZ. Together they are perfect for development, production line programming, or field firmware upgrades. In addition, the programmer comes with PEmicro's entire library of ColdFire programming algorithms.
Programmer functions include:
- Blank check
WinIDECFZ - Windows Integrated Development Environment
PEmicro's WinIDECFZ allows you to run external programs - including assemblers, C compilers, debuggers, and flash programmers - in one environment, with a single hotkey for each. WinIDE comes installed with PEmicro's CASMCFZ assembler.
Editor features include:
- Fully Reconfigurable
- Allows execution of external programs
- On-screen help
Assembler features include:
- Macro support
- S19, HEX, ELF/DWARF(v. 2.0, 3.0, 4.0) objects
- Conditional assembly
- Include files
- Full listing control with cycle counter
- REGCF - ColdFire Register File Viewer/Editor
REGCF adds symbolic bit field debugging of Motorola's MCF5xxx registers. The current register file is read from the device and displayed symbolically and numerically, then the modified value is written back to the device.
- View and edit the registers and register bits
- Shows "Read Only," "Write Only," and "Not Implemented" bits of microcontroller registers
- Users can create their own register files for any memory-mapped peripherals
About the 64K Starter Edition of the PKGCFZ_PRO software:
There is a starter version of this software package available for download at no charge. The following additional features are included in the full version of the PKGCFZ_PRO compared to the no-cost starter version:
1. An unlimited amount of user code may be compiled, debugged, and flash programmed into the target processor (versus 64KBytes loaded code, 5000 source lines, 2500 symbols). The starter kit limits the load size (64K) into the debugger, the programming size (64K) in the flash programmer, and the code size (64K) of the output file generated by the compiler in WinIde. No limitation is made to the GCC compiler included in the starter kit which can be run without limitation from outside of the development environment.
2. The full edition comes with PEmicro's assembler and assembly templates.
3. While the starter kit includes templates to demonstrate functionality of different ColdFire evaluation boards, the full version adds many other templates supporting a wide range of hardware and memory configurations.
4. Comes with PEmicro's parallel port hardware interface to faciliate debug and program of ColdFire boards which include the standard NXP debug connector.
5. The full edition comes with an automated version of the flash programmer which allows programming according to a script file. The starter kit includes the interactive flash programmer in which the user directly controls the flash programming process (also included in the full edition).