PEmicro's NXP MPC55xx-57xx & STMicroelectronics SPC5 Development Package
This Development Package includes all of the following software tools:
ICDPPCNEXUS In-Circuit Debugger
PEmicro's ICDPPCNEXUS is a powerful tool for debugging code on NXP MPC55xx/56xx/57xx & STMicroelectronics SPC5 devices, giving you access to all on-chip resources.
Debugger features include:
- Full-speed in-circuit emulation
- Breakpoints with counters on the Nth execution
- Variables window showing bytes, words
- Realtime execution as well as multiple tracing modes
- Startup and Macro files for automating the debug process
- Context-sensitive help for all commands
- Timing measurement and execution count functions
- Support for symbolic register files
- Full assembly source-level debugging
- C source-level debugging (ELF/DWARF 2.0, IEEE695)
PROGPPCNEXUS Flash/EEPROM Programmer
PEmicro's PROGPPCNEXUS Flash/EEPROM Programmer allows you to program/reprogram flash devices in-circuit via one of PEmicro's hardware interfaces, such as the Multilink Universal or Cyclone MAX. It also includes the command-line version of the programmer software, CPROGPPCNEXUS. Together they are perfect for development, production line programming, or field firmware upgrades.
Programmer functions include:
- Blank check
WINPPCNEXUS Windows Integrated Development Environment
PEmicro's WinIDE allows you to run external programs--including assembler, C compiler, debugger, and flash programmer--in one environment, with a single hotkey for each.
Editor features include:
- Code syntax highlighting
- GCC syntax error highlighting
- Executes external programs
REGPPCNEXUS MPC55xx/56xx/57xx & STMicroelectronics SPC5 Register File Viewer/Editor
REGPPCNEXUS adds symbolic bit field debugging of registers for select MPC5xxx devices. The current register file is read from the device and displayed symbolically and numerically, then the modified value is written back to the device.
- View and edit the registers and register bits
- Shows "Read Only," "Write Only," and "Not Implemented" bits of microcontroller registers
- Create your own register files for any memory-mapped peripherals
About the 64K Starter Edition of the PKGPPCNEXUS:
There is a starter version of this software package available for download at no charge. The following additional features are included in the full version of the PKGPPCNEXUS compared to the no-cost starter version:
1. An unlimited amount of user code may be compiled, debugged, and flash programmed into the target processor (versus 64KBytes loaded code, 5000 source lines, 2500 symbols). The starter kit limits the load size (64K) into the debugger, the programming size (64K) in the flash programmer, and the code size (64K) of the output file generated by the compiler in WinIde. No limitation is made to the GNU compiler included in the starter kit which can be run without limitation from outside of the development environment.
2. While the starter kit includes templates to demonstrate functionality of different MPC55xx/56xx/57xx & STMicroelectronics SPC5 evaluation boards, the full version adds other templates supporting a range of hardware and memory configurations.
3. The full version comes with PEmicro's CABPPCNEXUS hardware interface to facilitate debug and program of Nexus boards which include the standard NXP debug connector.
4. The full edition comes with an automated version of the flash programmer which allows programming according to a script file. The starter kit includes the interactive flash programmer in which the user directly controls the flash programming process (also included in the full edition).