The Advanced Cable Tester v2 Connector Module: USB Type-C to USB 3.1 Standard-B enables testing of cables with USB 3.2/USB 3.1/USB 2.0 Type-C on one end and USB 3.1 Standard-B on the other end of the cable, using the Total Phase Advanced Cable Tester v2 as the test instrument.
- Individually measure the DC resistance of VBUS and GND wires
- Individually measure the DC resistance of the VBUS and GND pins on the USB Type-C connector
- Verify wiring is correct with no shorted or disconnected wires
- Verify Rd is the correct value
- Testing of USB 2.0 pairs is supported at about 518 Mbps, and any present SuperSpeed pairs tested at 5 Gbps or 10 Gbps
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed wire pair
- USB 3.1 Gen1/Gen2 and USB 3.2 SuperSpeed wire pairs (Tx+Rx)
- VBUS DC resistance testing
- GND DC resistance testing
- VBUS individual pin DC resistance testing for the USB Type-C connector
- GND individual pin DC resistance testing for the USB Type-C connector
- Measurement of Rd
- Insertion/test count tracking ensures reliable operation.
- Total Phase uses the highest quality connectors available in our Advanced Cable Tester devices. The expected life span, without any test degradation, for the Advanced Cable Tester v2 is 10,000 tests per module.
- All connector modules require the use of the Total Phase Advanced Cable Tester v2.