DEVRS08KA2 is an ideal evaluation kit for getting a jump start on an NXP MC9RS08KA2 project.
The evaluation board contains an embedded PEmicro USB to BDM interface which provides for easy debug and flash programming of the resident MC9RS08KA2 processor. The MC9RS08KA2 is an 8 bit device which incorporates 2048 bytes of FLASH EEPROM, 62 bytes of RAM, 8 bit timers, analog comparators and keyboard interrupt module. The trimmable 20-MHz internal clock source allows up to 10-MHz internal bus operation.
The on-board MC9RS08KA2 processor can be powered via the USB or an external regulated 5-9Volt power supply.
The 2.5" x 1.5" development area provides an easy way for thru hole as well as surface mount prototyping.
The DEVRS08KA2 package contains:
- The DEVRS08KA2 development board.
- Schematics of the DEVRS08KA2 development board (without USB-to-BDM circuitry) designed to allow the user to easily transition to their own hardware design.
- USB 2.0 Cable - Type A to Type B - 6ft
Powerful features of the DEVRS08KA2 development board include:
- Ability to power the development board from the PC's USB bus or from a power regulator provided by the user.
- Headers containing all the processor's pins which are individually labeled for easy access.
- SOIC and through-hole development area.
- 8 DIP socket for a possibility of replacing the resident SOIC8 packaged microprocessor with a DIP8 device.