The Advanced Cable Tester v2 Connector Module: USB Type-C to USB Type-C enables testing of cables with USB 2.0/USB 3.1/USB 3.2 Type-C on both cable ends using the Total Phase Advanced Cable Tester v2.
- Individually measure the DC resistance of VBUS and GND wires
- Individually measure the DC resistance of VBUS and GND pins in the USB Type-C connector
- Verify wiring is correct with no shorted or disconnected wires
- Testing of USB 2.0 pairs is supported at about 518 Mbps, and any present SuperSpeed pairs tested at 5 Gbps or 10 Gbps
- Validate E-Marker accuracy
- This is all you will need for testing USB Type-C cables, whether full-featured (USB 3.1 Gen1, USB 3.1 Gen2, or USB 3.2) or USB 2.0
Please note, this module is compatible with the Advanced Cable Tester v2.
Passing eye diagram, 10Gbps USB Type C-C cable Failing eye diagram, 10Gbps USB Type C-C Cable
- USB 3.2/3.1/3.0/2.0
- PD 2.0, PD 3.0
- Short testing - Dynamic visualization of test results
- Open testing - Dynamic visualization of test results
- Continuity testing - Dynamic visualization of test results
- DC resistance measurement for most wires, with milliohm precision on ground and power wires, ohm resolution on most other wires, continuity check only on high-speed data lines
- Signal integrity testing of data lines to 12.8 Gbps per channel
- E-Marker verification
- Insertion/test count tracking ensures reliable operation.
- Total Phase uses the highest quality connectors available in our Advanced Cable Tester devices. The expected life span, without any test degradation, for the Advanced Cable Tester v2 USB Type-C to USB Type-C module is 10,000 tests per module.
- All connector modules require the use of the Total Phase Advanced Cable Tester v2.