P&E's RS08 Interface Library Routines allow the user to create a Windows application which can fully control the execution of an embedded processor via one of P&E's hardware interfaces.
The RS08 software package consists of interface routines which drive P&E's Multilink Universal, Multilink FX, CYCLONE, and CYCLONE FX. The package includes both C/C++ and Delphi modules. The C and Delphi modules in the software package come as sample source code, which interfaces with the Windows DLL to drive the hardware cable. The RS08 library is very useful for building your own production line testers. The demo programs included in the package show you how to initialize the interface, program registers, download code to RAM and step through code. Starting with these programs it is easy to customize them to your specific requirements. Applications created with the included 32-bit .DLL will also operate on the 64-bit operating systems listed below under System Requirements.
The PC-based application can peek and poke memory, peripherals, and other resources of the embedded processor through the debug port. Applications can use this capability to perform tests of the target hardware, calculate target calibration data, or simply be a way to develop a totally custom application which controls the target via debug mode. The advantage of using debug mode is that the processor doesn't need to be running application code or even to be programmed for the PC application to fully exercise the processor's capabilities.
Read more about simplifying product testing in P&E's Expert's Corner.
- Works with NXP's RS08 architecture
- Works through P&E's Multilink Universal, Multilink FX, CYCLONE, and CYCLONE FX.
- Also supports P&E's DEVRS08KA2 and NXP's DEMO9RS08LA8, DEMO9RS08LE4, and DEMO9RS08KB12 development boards (available through NXP)
- Provides Interface to Background Debug Mode Included in the package are C/C++ and Delphi modules
- Source and Executables provided for both C and Delphi demos
- UNITRS08 and UNITRS08_DIST: MicrosoftVisual C++ 5.0 or greater, Delphi 2.0 or greater
- Development platform: Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit (XP, Vista, 7)
- Very useful for building production line testers
UNITRS08 includes a license to distribute the binaries (DLL and Drivers) of UNITRS08 to up to five target PCs subject to the conditions of the license agreement. For a license to distribute to an unlimited number of PCs, see UNITRS08_DIST.